Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm fuckin' wasted....

Here's the 711 on what happened Friday. I left work at about 3:30pm and went home to let the dog out and have something to eat. I started to lean against going. I just didn't know if I was up to going into a smoke-filled bar that was most likely going to be noisy and obnoxious. I laid in bed and pondered for a time. One of my workmates left a message wondering if/when I was coming since I had said that I would be there. I decided that I might as well go, that if I wasn't diggin' it, I could just leave and go get some groceries. I made it to the Viking Lounge (which is connected to the Holiday Inn) at about 7:15.


Though some people had left, several of my coworkers were still there. I sat next to a lady that works in the same department as me and asked several people what a good drink to order would be for someone who doesn't usually imbibe. They recommended a Colorado Bulldog (1 shot Vodka, 1 shot Kahlua, milk, 1 splash Coca-Cola). I ordered it and it was brought to me. I took a sip. Yuck. Too alcoholy. Someone said that I should stir it a bit. I did and it was a little better, but still pretty bad. I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it had vodka in it. That shit is too damn strong for my fragile, defensive brain.

So it was on to take 2. Keeping in mind what you guys had told me about drinking in moderation, I waited a short time and then asked for a better (read: sweeter) recommendation. The Fuzzy Navel (1 1/2 oz peach schnapps, 2 oz orange juice, fill with champagne) was mentioned. It sounded much more up my alley, so I requested it (the waitress gave it to me at a discount since I didn't like the Dog). Very nice!! I like!! I took several healthy sips and waited for the "buzz" that you guys love so much to start. It didn't take long and it was quite good.

I was sitting across from a chain-smoking couple. This would usually bother me, but I didn't seem to mind too much for some reason. They were playing lots of good 70's tunes like "Hotel California" by the Eagles and a bunch of others that I can't freakin' remember. I was having a pretty good time, sho nuff better than I would have had at home. At a little after 9, karaoke started. I had never before experienced the magic of it. Most of the contestants were crap, but you can't say they didn't have heart. One of the best was a lady that sang "Harper Valley PTA" with so much conviction that you almost believed that what she described was autobiographical. Another guy was really wasted as he sang Joe Diffie's barroom classic, "Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (When I Die)".

The place started to fill up after 9:30 (there was a pool player's convention in town so many of the people in the lounge walked into the place with their long, hard sticks in tow (their pool cues were pretty big as well). I thought about what it would be like to go up there and sing, but just didn't have the balls. As it got later, people started to leave. I didn't order any more drinks after that first navel (I didn't want to still be intoxicated when I left). I was one of the last 2 people to leave right around midnight. All in all, a very good time and I am quite happy that I went. It didn't hurt that most of the people at our table were 40-something women (MILF). I'm actually looking forward to going to the Viking Lounge again in the very near future and continuing my experiments with alcohol.

9 comments:

Mags said...

So...when does Dori go away again? LOL.

I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm super disappointed you didn't try a Mojito. It's fantastic. Especially if they use pineapple rum.

But...whatever. ;)

~paige~ said...

rawk on with your bad self. next time i think you should go for like three drinks and i want you to sing on stage as well. got it?

Brian in Mpls said...

I am glad you had fun:) That is the second most important thing in the world...the first being if you are ever in a room with a bunch of drunk MILF's to call me..lol

the108 said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time and were safe! I luuuurve me some karaoke. Had I been there, I would have rocked out with someone's cock out.

Thomas said...

Mags, I wouldn't mind if Dori stayed in Vegas for another week. After all, what happens (when Dori's) in Vegas, is me havin' some fun. Sorry I didn't try the Mojo. I will definitely give it a "shot" next time.

Paige, I will, indeed, take it a bit further next time.

Brian, you got it (I'm sure you could make it down here in a little over an hour).

Kyra, there was a song in the karaoke catalog that I think you would've enjoyed singing. The title: "I'm Horney".

Mags said...

I take it Dori doesn't read this blog...LOL.

Thomas said...

Mags, she actually read my blog for months and never realized that she could see people's comments by clicking on the link at the end of each post.

She does know that everything said here is all in good fun, however.

the108 said...

God bless her for being a good sport!

Rocketstar said...

Awesome, I'm glad you had a good time Thomas. I would experiment a little bit at home. Buy a good bottle of wine (if you like it) and get a little loopy and then have wild monkey sex with Dori.