Friday, December 29, 2006

Auld Lang Syne

As '06 gives way to '07, I thought I'd give a summary of what events occurred in my life over these past 12 months. When the year started, I was working at Charter Communications (they're rubbish). I may elaborate on this in a future entry. But now I'm happier than a pig in slop working in the accounts payable department of a company that works with the developmentally disabled. When the year started, we had snow on the ground. As of today, we've had but one snowstorm this season (climate change). My dad had a stent put in a few months ago, but is recovering well. I now have a web journal that goes back several months. I went to a great concert (Vince) and had sex in my backyard for the first time (jk). I got a new winter jacket for the first time since 1992. I still have dial-up at home (and there's nothing you can do about it) and all 3 of my brothers still have big dongs.

Wishing you and yours all the best for '07.

5 comments:

Rocketstar said...

" I still have dial-up at home (and there's nothing you can do about it)..."

-- That is sooo unfortunate.

"...and all 3 of my brothers still have big dongs."

-- Then you are most likley a lucky man.

Thomas said...

Actually, I got the proverbial "short" end of the stick, but through my brothers, I can vicariously feel that I am one of the mighty.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Thanks for the laugh, it was much needed.

Here's to a good 2007!

Colette said...

Happy New Year....

You mean you have NOT had sex out-of-doors yet??? Or in your own back yard (complete with neighbors hearing all the commotion?)???

Here's hoping 2007 bring you better luck in that dept.

^_^

(*winks*)

Thomas said...

In the late 90's, my wife and I did "get busy" outdoors. She had a pass from the hospital in LaCrosse (located more than an hour from our home) to be out for a few hours and I didn't want to go to a motel. So we headed a few miles out of town and found a (relatively) secluded spot.