Monday, June 30, 2008

Earplug time

What are the worst sounds in the world?

More than a million people have gone here, listened to various sounds, and voted on the worst.

Here are the top 20:

1. Vomiting
2. Microphone feedback
3. Babies crying
4. Scrape or squeak (eg: train wheels)
5. Seesaw squeaking
6. Violin
7. Fart
8. One baby crying
9. Argument on a soap opera
10. Electricity hum
11. Tasmanian devil
12. Cat spitting and howling
13. Coughing
14. Mobile ringtones
15. Creaky door
16. Dogs barking
17. Sniffing
18. Fingernails scraping down a blackboard
19. Polystyrene squeak
20. Dentist's drill

If you want to experience pain, head to www.sound101.org/ and see how much you can take.

2 comments:

Rocketstar said...

I would say MY baby crying, hands down, when they were babies.

Thomas said...

I don't doubt that, Rocket. I know if I were ever to have kids, I would be sure to stock up on earplugs in order to somewhat blunt the aural pain.