Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Old Stomping Grounds


Pictured above is a present-day pic of 133 Washington St in Rollingstone, MN. From 1978-1984, we lived right next door at 131 Washington (that house can be seen on the left). Looking at that pic brings back a lot of memories. My brother, Mike, as a 5 year old, would stand near that tree and watch the Land O Lakes trucks leave in the morning (a Land O Lakes was located just across the street from us). An older couple named the Lemmers' lived in 133. They were quite nice. I remember one day our family was talking to the Lemmers' in the back yard and my brother, Matt, took the opportunity to peek under Mrs. Lemmer's dress (I'm not sure what he saw, but I bet it would explain a lot). We must've seemed like quite the happy family back then. I heard that the Lemmers' cried when they found out Mom and Dad were getting divorced. My sister's bedroom was in the back (just to the right of the tree). On many nights, she would not want to sleep in her room because the bed was cold. I remember she used to have underwear that had the days of the week on them. I wonder if she still does...

Needless to say, some of the happiest moments of my childhood occurred while I was living in that house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was only weird mothers who put the days of the week on their sons underwear.

Uh.
-P

Paige said...

it's definitely an interesting reflection on life. i know this entry spoke a lot about the lemmers but i am curious as to why you chose not to post a pick of your own house as well? this is not a criticism, more just curiosity

Maggie Moo said...

I'm guessing no-she doesn't still have them.

Don't ask her though, you'll just sound like a sicko.

Thomas said...

Prox, uh is right.

Paige, I actually don't have a pic of the front of our old house. The one I used I found on a realty web site. BTW, I'm not able to get into your new web site for some reason, not even when I try to use my login info.

Mags, point taken.

the Book of Keira said...

Cheese is delicious.

Paige said...

hey thomas
theperilsoflife.blogspot.com
i am sure i added you but email me your blogger login email and i will re-add you
rubyslippers40@hotmail.com