Monday, June 04, 2007

Knocked Out

I went to see Judd Apatow's much-hyped follow-up to "The 40-Year-Old Virgin", "Knocked Up", on Saturday afternoon (and yes, I used one of my Oscar contest-winning passes for said occasion).


I'm interested in seeing all 3 movies that were shown as coming attractions before "Knocked" started (Adam Sandler's, "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", Dane Cook's "Good Luck Chuck", and Steve Carell's "Evan Almighty"). "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" was my favorite movie of '05, so I had high hopes for "Knocked Up" and, for the most part, it delivered. Here is one of my favorite scenes:

Alison (Katherine Heigl) and Ben (Seth Rogan) are at his place and trying to have sex, but Ben is weirded out when he's on top because he feels like his penis is all up in the baby's face. Could she please get on top? Alison gets on top, but then feels all ugly as she thinks he's staring up at her double chin and her boobs are all squishy and flying everywhere, "so National Geographic". He asks her to do it doggy style, but Alison says she's not a dog and so they do it in a different position, but when the baby kicks, Ben gets weirded out again and Alison gets upset and says she won't ask him to have sex again.

The laughs were plentiful and though not as gutbusting as "Borat", was a nice break from the effects-heavy sequels that have swarmed theatre screens over the past month. I recommend "Knocked Up" to all but the most sensitive souls. If you dug "Virgin", you'll most certainly dig this.

7 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

Sigh.

I feel their pain. Although I am fully willing to do it doggystyle.... hearing my boobs smack together is just wierd.

Mike Minzes said...

Great blog!! I will be back for more!!
-0-0-

Mags said...

I'm going to see this next weekend and can't wait.

I scrolled thru this post not reading alot of it b/c I don't want anything spoiled

Anonymous said...

Not really my style of comedy. I prefer movies like "Resevoir dogs" for chuckles.

-P

Rocketstar said...

How many tickets left thomas?

Thomas said...

Kyra, thanks for the visual.

Mike, thanks.

Mags, I also like to avoid spoilers.

Proxima, sounds like you have an interesting sense of humor.

Rocket, I probably have about 85 of the 103 tickets left yet. They are good until next April.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I think I'd like this movie, hopefully I do get a chance to see it before it leaves theaters.