Thursday, January 18, 2007

My name-a Borat. I new in town...

Sacha Baron Cohen won a Golden Globe on Monday night for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical for his brilliant performance as "Borat".



Here is a partial transcript of what he said during his acceptance speech:

"I want to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press. And I just want to say that this movie was a life-changing experience. I saw some amazing, beautiful, invigorating parts of America. But I saw some dark parts of America, an ugly side of America. A side of America that rarely sees the light of day. I refer, of course, to the anus and testicles of my co-star, Ken Davitian. Ken, when I was in that scene and I stared down and saw your two wrinkled golden globes on my chin, I thought to myself, ‘I better win a bloody award for this.’ And then when my 300-pound co-star decided to sit on my face and squeeze the oxygen from my lungs, I was faced with a choice: Death or to breathe in the air that had been trapped in a small pocket between his buttocks for 30 years. Kenneth, if it was not for that rancid bubble, I would not be here today."

3 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

oh lord, that made me laugh...though, not quite as much as that particular scene in the movie. let's just say that I was very afraid of having a stroke due to laughing so hard.

Thomas said...

Yeah, when I first saw that scene, I was crying from laughter for the first time in years.

Mags said...

I heard he won, but didn't watch that far...he really look different when he's not all Borat'd up.