Thursday, February 22, 2007

In-Vince-able

Last Sunday night, me and Shanon went to LaCrosse and saw Vince Gill in concert. I saw him on this same tour in October in St. Paul and liked it so much that I jumped at the opportunity to see him once again performing the new songs that he recorded for his 4-CD set called "These Days" (as well as some of his greatest hits). I wrote extensively on the 3-hour show back in October (you can find it in my archives). The show this time was much the same, though even better since we were in the 9th row. Here is a pic of the 15-piece band he had on the stage with him:

After the intermission, Vince came out onto the stage by himself and sang a couple songs with just his guitar. One of them he hadn't performed last fall. It was called, "It's Hard to Kiss the Lips that Chewed Your Ass Out All Day Long". Oh boy. Did the crowd love that one. We are so used to him singing longing ballads like "When I Call Your Name" and "I Still Believe In You" that it was a nice break to see him sing something so light.

Below is a pic from the "bluegrass" section of the show:



Here is a pic of Shanon applauding at the end of one of the songs:



It looks like he's about to cry, don't it? He actually did shed a few tears after I took this pic. He can be such a woman sometimes...

As Vince was singing the last song of the night, I left my seat and went right up to the stage to take a couple pics up close.



Fantastic show. Though my favorite music is no longer country (I like 80's, Prince, Chris Isaak, and Tori Amos a little bit better), I'll always have a special place in my heart for Vince. His music was the soundtrack to my life during the 90's, a time when I was in college, had major depression, recovered from it, had my first girlfriend, graduated, you name it. His music always takes me back to those formative days.

No comments: