Monday, February 26, 2007

The Magic Pen

When I was in grade school in the early 80's, one of the coolest things to come out was the Bic 4-color pen.



Just take a gander at these features:

Write with 4 different colors combined into one great pen.
Satisfy your need for multiple ink colors in one pen.
BIC 4-Color Pen features black, blue, red and green inks.
Enjoy a quick “clic-changing” ink mechanism.
Experience over 2.4 miles of writing ink.

Let me tell you. When I saw the commercials for this thing as a youngster, I HAD to have it. I mean, fuck, it's like 4 pens in one! Oh, you wouldn't believe how proud I was the first day I took it to school with me.

Tom: Hey, Chad. Check out this pen.

Chad: Yeah, I've heard about those things.

Tom: Look, I writing in blue ink right now. See? But now I want to be like our teacher and use red. *click*

Chad: Cool!

Tom: And now I want to use green. *click* Look, I'm writing my name in green. I'm a Martian.

Chad: Radical! How much was that?

Tom: 2.99

Chad: Wow! My allowance is 50 cents a week. How long will it take me to save up for one?

Tom: Um...let me see. I'm gonna use black ink to figure this one out. *click*

8 comments:

Rocketstar said...

I remember those very well, I never liked the baby blue color. I was a mechanical pencil enthusiast.

Mags said...

Oh yeah. Those were cool.

I LOVED them.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Do they still sell them?

Thomas said...

Yeah, you can still buy them. Just click on the link that I put in this post.

Brianinmpls said...

OMG I totally rememeber those too.. I like your writing style is it ok if I add you as a link on my blog?

Thomas said...

Absolutely. I'll add you as well.

Brianinmpls said...

Cool Thanks

Barb said...

hahahaa.. I think my hubby still has one.