Tuesday, February 27, 2007

School Days

When I was in the 1st grade, I pushed another kid on the playground (I can't recall why. Perhaps he told me that he was a NeoCon). A playground supervisor told me to go to the principal's office. I had no idea where it was, but headed into the school. I stopped at the drinking fountain and drank water from it for about 20 seconds (needless to say, I was procrastinating). One of the teachers said, "Hi" to me. For some reason, I had no desire to ask that teacher where the prinicipal's office was (I knew that going there would not be a fun experience). I realized that this teacher had no idea what had just happened with me outside, so continued walking. I strolled around the school halls for about 10 minutes until it was time to go back to class and no one was ever the wiser. I guess you could say I got away with one. High-five!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Way to go!

Nikki Neurotic said...

So, it was you that pushed me down!
J/K, but I was (accidentally) pushed to the ground in elementry school...and I hurt my ankle but didn't make a big deal of it. Fast forward many years later (right before starting college)...I sprained my ankle after slipping on a few steps and after an X-ray discoverd that that innocent push on the playground had resulted in a chipped bone in my ankle!

Nikki Neurotic said...

So, it was you that pushed me down!
J/K, but I was (accidentally) pushed to the ground in elementry school...and I hurt my ankle but didn't make a big deal of it. Fast forward many years later (right before starting college)...I sprained my ankle after slipping on a few steps and after an X-ray discoverd that that innocent push on the playground had resulted in a chipped bone in my ankle!

Nikki Neurotic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.