Monday, February 19, 2007

Proceed with caution: This post deals with BM's (or lack thereof)

That's right. I've not had a BM for close to two weeks. So yesterday, I decided to take matters into my own hands...no, not like that, you dirty devil. I had some fiber capsules in my kitchen cupboard, so I took one out and injested it. The label said that it typically takes 12 to 72 hours for it to take effect. Yow! But that's fine. I didn't want to take a laxative.

I went to LaCrosse yesterday with Shanon. We ate at Happy Joe's Pizza and then went to Vince Gill's concert (we had seats on the main floor, in the 9th row! I'll post pics at a later date).

The pic below is from yesterday's show (courtesy of the LaCrosse Tribune):


Well, the capsule didn't bring me relief yesterday. I didn't mind too much, though (I didn't want to be on the toilet while Vince was singing his patootie off).

Today I decided to take another, so took a look at the directions to be sure it was alright to take 2 in a 24-hour period. What do you know. It said that one is supposed to take 5 (!) capsules at the first sign of irregularity as opposed to the 1 I took yesterday. As Chef from South Park would say, "Aww, fudge it!!"

5 comments:

Mags said...

Aw, poor Thomas! I hope everything comes out alright. ;)

Soon.

I told you not to eat all of that cheese!!!!

BTW-the answer is Martin Luther King Jr...

Nikki Neurotic said...

Coffee usually does the trick for me....

and trust me, this is normal dinner conversation at my house.

Rocketstar said...

TWO WEEKS, holy shit, no pun intended.

This actually sounds pretty scary thomas. I don't want to alarm you but you could have a blockage, which is serious dude.

I hope the laxitives work, 2 weeks is a LONG time to go without going.

When it does happen, remember to flush half way through, you don't to replace one probelm with anohter shitty problem ;o)

Mags said...

Haa haa haa...rocketstar is funny!

Thomas said...

Yeah, he's a regular comedian.

UPDATE: Partial success today...is nice!!

In the bathroom, I couldn't help thinking of the old Johnny Cash song, "Ring of Fire".