Sunday, March 04, 2007

Double Feature

I haven't received my free movie tickets yet, but that didn't stop me from going to a couple movies yesterday afternoon. Both were about law enforcement. One was quite funny, the other, not so much. We first went to "Reno 911: Miami" (based on the Comedy Central series).


I'm a pretty big fan of the show, so was looking forward to seeing this on the big screen. The movie wasn't as funny as I was hoping, but was worth the $6.00 I paid to see it. If you're not a fan of the TV series, you probably won't dig the movie. My favorite sequence of the flick is described below (courtesy of the Movie Spoiler):

They end up staying at some roach motel downtown where there seems to be illegal things happening all the time. Raineesha is trying to put the moves on Jones, but he’s acting like he’s sick. Jones is trying to get with Clementine until Raineesha catches them and they both take off in different directions. Jones is taking a walk to his room when he looks in the window and he sees that Junior (his roommate) is pleasing himself. He runs and as he runs, he sees in every open window that every one of the deputies is pleasing themselves and he runs off in disgust.

After "Reno" ended, I decided to check out "Zodiac".



Two hours and 40 minutes, but quite interesting since it dealt with an actual killer who was on the prowl in San Francisco in the late 60's and early 70's. Since I knew the movie was gonna be lengthy, I lifted the arm rest on my right side and laid down for the duration of the movie (no one was sitting in front of me to obscure my view). Most of the people there were older, probably many who lived through the days that were documented in the film.

3 comments:

Rocketstar said...

I heard that they never caught the guy, so does that bit of info now ruin the movie for me?

Thomas said...

I had heard the same thing before seeing the movie, but it turns out there was a suspect that they had previously interviewed in the movie who was quite possibly the killer. He was not ever caught, but not for the reason you might think (I'm not gonna spoil that). It didn't ruin the movie for me. As long as you understand that the movie is a police procedural that does not have any car chases, you should dig it.

Rocketstar said...

I'll have to check it out when the DVD is released.