Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Summer 07

This summer, I'm going to a conference in Chicago. When I found out that 5 of my favorite authors were gonna be there, I just had to go. So I registered for the thang and made reservations at the hotel where the conference is to take place. You may ask, "Who are these 5 authors that you have such a hard on for, Tom?" Well, the first is one I was introduced to in the summer of 1993 as I was getting over clinical depression. I actually found her paperback at the drug store where I purchased my antideps. It was called, "A Return to Love". The author: Marianne Williamson.



Here is a summary of the book:

The mega-bestselling spiritual guide in which Marianne Williamson shares her reflections on A Course in Miracles and her insights on the application of love in the search for inner peace. Williamson reveals how we each can become a miracle worker by accepting God and by the expression of love in our daily lives. Whether psychic pain is in the area of relationships, career, or health, she shows us how love is a potent force, the key to inner peace, and how by practicing love we can make our own lives more fulfilling while creating a more peaceful and loving world for our children.

Its words changed my life for the better more than a decade ago and for that, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

NOTE: I did not end up going to this conference due to a major change that occurred in my life in May of '07

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a book maybe I should look for.

the Book of Keira said...

I'm with Skittle's. I'll have to find that one :-)