Tuesday, May 22, 2007

4 out of 5 dentists surveyed recommend Trident Gum for their patients who chew gum

Going to the dentist. Not usually fun, but something you have to do. They usually give you a comfortable chair in which you are going to be quite uncomfortable. To make the time pass faster, I typically close my eyes when I'm in the dentists' chair. That's right. I open my mouth, but close my eyes. There's no reason for me to have my eyes wide open when it's my teeth that are the issue. If they didn't have that bright light, I might feel differently. I don't think dentists have a lot of patients who do this. After shutting my eyes for about 10 minutes, one tech asked if I was alright. Sorry. I'm not gonna open my eyes for you. Not only do I keep my eyes closed throughout the session, I also try to keep my muscles relaxed. I've noticed that they sometimes involuntarily tighten when I'm getting a cleaning. Every few minutes, I check my muscles to be sure that they are in a relatively relaxed state. These things make my appointment less of a pain. Now if only I could do something about the shitty music they play on the overhead speakers.

5 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

I'm terrified of the dentist. I have a fit.

Brianinmpls said...

Check out Metro Dental they let you bring in your ipod or a cd and let you play it while you have your work done

Thomas said...

Brian, thaz wicked. Fanks for da tip. I's gonna listen to J-Lo next time I haf to get me teef cleaned, aight!

Brianinmpls said...

aight;)

Anonymous said...

huh... funny post :))