Sunday, November 09, 2008

December 25th



I wish Jesus hadn't been born at the end of December. Why? Well, the way it's set up now, there's a logjam of holidays in the last six weeks of the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's). I love getting those days off, but the downside is there isn't crap for holidays in the first few months of the new year.

I think it would've been better if the Almighty had been born in, say, early February. That way, when the Christmas season ended, winter would be almost over as well. The way it is now, when Christmas is over, we still have close to 3 months left of winter. :(

Turns out the date was made up, anyway, so what would it hurt to change it to Groundhog's (Christ sees his shadow on the 3rd day)?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

i totally thought he was born in april, but as the link points out, he lived for 33.5 years and that wouldn't make sense. huh.

Rocketstar said...

I vote to move it, send me the petition.

Timothy Smith said...

He died and came back from the dead in April was my understanding. I am all for moving it as well. Christmas in July!

Maggie Moo said...

I don't think we should move Christmas. I like that it's in Christmas. I'm for moving the others though...

Melvin Udall said...

If we move it to July next year, how on earth is Mr Claws going to get all those toys made in 7 months?

Come on people your not thinking this through!!

Brian Mongold said...

I like having all those holidays at once. It gives me something to look forward to. :)

Penny Lane said...

Ok, that is a great idea. And I hate February. It's the shortest month, but also the coldest. It needs a little treat.