Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Music Part III

In late 1995, I was in my last year of college and still a big fan of country music. One group whose music I especially enjoyed was The Tractors (their only hit song was called "Baby Likes To Rock It"). I just loved their breezy combination of blues, swing, and country. When I went to ShopKo one afternoon and saw that they had a Christmas disc out, I did not hesitate to buy it.



And I was not disappointed. They did some oldies, but goodies (Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy, White Christmas), but also quite a few original numbers, one of my favorites being "The Santa Claus Boogie".

http://www.thetractors.com/albums/christmas11.php

They also did a Christmas version of "Baby Likes to Rock It" called, "Santa Claus is Comin' (In a Boogie-Woogie Choo Choo Train)". I listened to the recording (front to back) on many occasions at my girlfriends' house that holiday season.

The Tractors released another Christmas album in 2002 called, "The Big Night". Though solid, I still prefer their first effort.

No comments: