Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pop

Some of you may be too young to remember, but when I was a child, we bought glass bottles of pop at the grocery store. That's right: glass (they came in packs of 8). Our family usually bought Pepsi. Of course, you had to use a bottle opener to get the things open. And if you couldn't finish the bottle, you had to put a plastic cap on it and put it in the fridge. I always hated it when my mom would ask me to bring the bottles into the grocery store so that we could get a credit for them. Why? Because they were so friggin' heavy (for a small kid, anyway).

I have a picture of my sister, Erin, sitting on a barstool next to a bottle of this stuff:



She was about 2 years old in that pic. I can still remember how the girls' eyes would get real big when drinking pop. They loved that stuff.

No comments: