Thursday, April 05, 2007

Music

I like listening to music while I'm working. It makes the time go by faster. Until recently, I would listen to the radio stations that were available on my Windows Media Player. A few months ago, however, that wasn't working, so I went to AOL radio (a membership is no longer required for their services) and I have to tell you they have some of the most interesting channels to choose from. One of the standouts is called "111 Wussiest Songs". It counts down the most sappy, wimpiest songs ever. Some of the offenders include: "Do I Make You Proud" by Taylor Hicks,


"I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden, "Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw, "Babe" by Styx, "She's Like the Wind" by Swayze, "More Than Words" by Extreme, "Superman" by Five for Fighting, "Right Here Waiting" by Marx, "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison, and "Dear Mama" by Tupac.

For the complete dirty details, go here. I defy you to listen to more than 20 of these songs in a row.

AOL also has stations dedicated solely to TV theme songs, videogame scores, wedding songs, and 1-hit wonders, There's even one called FatherBrideDance and another called Faith-and-Tim. They also offer several XM satellite channels. My two favorite channels to listen to on AOL are XM70's and XM80's.

9 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

I actually like some of those songs....lol. Although, you're right.... 20 of them in a row may just land me in a mental ward. Hormones, ya know?

Thomas said...

Kyra, I also like many of the songs. Specifically,

Dancing in the Dark - Springsteen
Open Arms - Journey
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
Invisible - Clayken
All Out of Love - Air Supply

Rocketstar said...

I couldn't even stomach one...

Rocketstar said...

That was a lie, there are 1-2 in there...

Mags said...

I Knew I Loved You was my wedding song when I got married...no wonder we got a divorce!

Thomas said...

Our wedding song was pretty mushy as well ("Valentine" by Martina McBride and Jim Brickman).

the Book of Keira said...

Our wedding song was Karma Police by Radiohead.

What a shocker.

Rocketstar said...

the108, awesome song.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I love that Tim McGraw song....kind of embarrassed to admit that now.