Tonight my office is having an "after work socializing opportunity" at a place called the Viking Lounge. It should be a good time. I've never been to this bar before nor have I ever gotten drunk. As mentioned in a prior post (2-16-07), I didn't have my first taste of alcohol until I was 22. Since then, I usually only drink on New Years' Eve (wine cooler or champagne) and some years, I don't drink at all. This got me to thinking if I should go for it and get "plastered" this evening. Since I've never experienced it before, I was curious what you guys had to say about the subject. Is the buzz worth the hangover? How long does the typical hangover last? What are some good ways to reduce the effects of a hangover? In sum, should I go for it and if so, what poisons should I ingest to get there?