Tuesday, October 03, 2006

1989

Just as my favorite movie from 1983, "Return of the Jedi", was released the same week that I finished up elementary school, so, too, did my favorite movie of 1989 come out the same week that I graduated from high school.

A lot of good films came out in the summer of 1989. I went to the top money maker of the year, "Batman", in June, but found it unsatisfying. I did like "Ghostbusters 2", though, as well as "Star Trek V: The Search for Geritol", "Lethal Weapon 2", and "The Abyss". But my favorite was directed by an old friend. The number 2 top-grossing movie of the year: "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". Yes, Indiana Jones, one last time. It was a return to form for the franchise after the darkness of "Temple of Doom".

My folks kicked me out of the house in the early summer. I lived on my own in an efficiency across from Lake Winona (during the summer of '89 and '90, I was able to see the Midway carnival going on just across the way).

My favorite foods to eat that summer were Nutty Bars and Totino's pizza.

No comments: