Monday, October 09, 2006

An autumn night at the movies

Ever since it opened in Rochester about 5 weeks ago, I've promised myself that I would go to the following movie:



Time and again, I just didn't get around to it. On Saturday evening, I went shopping with a friend and bought a new winter jacket, my first since 1992! We ate at the Macaroni Grill and then decided to go to a movie. He is a horror nut, so I told him "Texas Chainsaw 22" had just opened. He was interested, so went to the late show of that while I finally saw Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Jessica Biel in "The Illusionist". For plot details, go here:

http://www.reelviews.net/movies/i/illusionist.html

It was a fantastic movie, a great period drama with lots of twists and turns along the way. It's a cliche', but it's movies like this that make going out to the theatre so worthwhile. Watching the film on a small screen at home just wouldn't be as grand an experience.

My bud had a great time at the "Leatherface" show. He's eagerly the release of "Saw III".

No comments: