Monday, October 16, 2006

Vince

As mentioned in a prior entry, the first concert I ever went to was Vince Gill (and Pam Tillis) in the summer of 1993. It was the Gillis tour. :P Anyway, I read a couple months ago that Vince was going to be releasing a new CD in October, his first since '03. But I got even more pumped when I found out how much music he would be releasing:

"In an unmatched outpouring of virtuosity and energy, Vince Gill has created a 4-CD set of 43 new and original songs that MCA Records will release Oct. 17 under the title These Days. The collection is an artistic tour de force that displays Gill's mastery of lyrics and musical styles, ranging from traditional country and bluegrass to jazz and rock."



4 CD's! Do you know how long it's gonna take me to get through that? Whenever I get a new CD, I listen to ALL the tracks at least twice, sometimes more. Each of the discs represents a different musical genre. I look forward to purchasing it tomorrow. Some of the artists appearing on the album include Trisha Yearwood, LeAnn Rimes, Amy Grant, Michael McDonald, Gretchen Wilson, Alison Krauss, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow, Patty Loveless, John Anderson, and LeAnn Womack.

No comments: