Wednesday, October 04, 2006

1995

I didn't go to an awful lot of movies in 1995. Some of the ones I did see included Sandler's "Happy Gilmore", Farley's "Tommy Boy", "The Bridges of Madison County", "Father of the Bride Part II", "Grumpier Old Men", "Congo", Casper" and "Apollo 13", a fantastic movie directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks.

The top moneymaker of the year was "Toy Story" (I saw bits and pieces of it during its theatrical run).

My favorite movie of the year, however, was a lowbrow comedy, real lowbrow. It was the number 5 moneymaker of the year.

Yes, indeed, the return of the pet dick. I had seen the original on video at my landlady Ruth Kuhlmann's house (I lived upstairs).

Some of my favorite lines from the sequel:

Ace: Friends, rodents, quadrupeds, lend me your rears!

Fulton: You must be very proud, Ace.
Ace: Pride is an abomination. One must forego the self to obtain total spiritual creaminess, and avoid the chewy chunks of degradation.

Ace: (chasing the villain with a monster truck) Nobody wants to play with me!

No comments: