Monday, October 09, 2006

I like you. Do you like me?

Check this. I was invited to a myspace screening of "Borat" on September 20th in the Cities. It doesn't open nationwide until November 3rd.



http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/borat/

I'd been hearing awesome things about the pic and always loved Borat on "Da Ali G Show" (Borat and Ali G are actually the same person, innit).

The day before, I didn't think I would go. I was concerned about having to drive an hour and a half to get there, getting there early enough to make sure I got a seat, blah, blah, blah. But I did decide to go and join in the festivities.

I'll give you my review later this week.

To give you a taste of what you're missing, here's an excerpt from one of Borat's interviews:

Borat chats to a Vietnam Vet in the street:

Borat: "We say in Kazakhstan that a man who never killed a man is like man without any..." (Borat indicated to his groin.) "Is true? Is true?"

Man: "It's a strange feeling"

Borat: "You have a big..." (Borat indicates to the man's groin.) "You have a big 'hram'?"

Man: "Errrrrr, fairly... Not... Pretty good."

Borat: "I can touch?"

Man: "In America, you don't, it's not... It's not one of our customs."

Borat: "I can touch?"

Man: (The man looks around) "Well sure, why not"

Borat: "This is OK with you?"

Man: "Sure" (Borat reaches between the man's legs and touches him, they both then laugh)



Borat: "It's nice... It's good, but I have seen bigger!"

No comments: