Tuesday, October 03, 2006

1990

My favorite movie of 1990 had a lot of laughs and was a real crowd pleaser. So it was no surprise when it wound up being the top money maker of the year.

Since 1980, my favorite movie of the year had always been released in the spring or summer. But not this time (November of '90). I went to it several times over the holidays. I can recall a couple evenings walking home from it while snow was falling on the ground (I was living in the upstairs of a house on west Broadway near Windom Park at this time).

I remember my stepdad took his twin girls to this movie in LaCrosse (they were 2 years old at the time) and when they saw their mother afterward, she asked if they liked the movie. They said they did, but that there were "two monsters" in the movie. My mom explained to the girls that bad guys aren't necessarily monsters.

A few months later, I was in the car with the girls and there was a radio ad that mentioned the movie. One of the girls then said, "Mommy, dey tay 'Home Alone'!"

No comments: