Thursday, October 26, 2006

An autumnal afternoon at the movie show

I did, indeed, go to the number 1 movie last weekend, "The Prestige", yesterday afternoon.



Not quite as good as "The Illusionist", but I wasn't expecting it to be. Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Christian Bale (Batman) were both solid as dueling magicians. Andy Serkis (Gollum) even made an appearance. And like any good magic trick, there were clever twists as well. But to truly get everything, you really have to pay attention. The first lines uttered in the movie (and the tagline on the movie's poster) are, "Are you watching closely?"

I have this thing now where I REALLY like to relax when going to a movie, especially by myself. It started when I went to see Nicolas Cage in "The Weather Man" last fall. I was sitting near the front of the theatre and was feeling really lazy. I lifted the arm rest to my right and put my head down on the next seat. I then lifted the arm rest to my left and stretched my legs out. In this position, I could see all but about 20% (the very bottom) of the screen. It was quite comfy. I like!

No comments: